Veratox for Chloramphenicol is used for the quantitative analysis of chloramphenicol residues in shrimp.
The test is a competitive direct ELISA that provides exact concentra- tions in parts per trillion (ppt). Free chloramphenicol in the sample and controls competes with enzyme-labeled chloramphenicol (con- jugate) for the antibody binding sites. After a wash step, substrate reacts with the bound enzyme conjugate to produce blue color. A microwell reader is used to yield optical densities. Control optical densities form a standard curve, and sample optical densities are plotted against the curve to calculate the exact concentration of chloramphenicol.
Samples must be extracted prior to testing.
- Add 100 µL of controls and samples, in duplicate, to the antibody- coated microwells. Wait 10 minutes.
- Add 100 µL of diluted enzyme conjugate to the wells.
- Mix. Incubate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Dump liquid from the wells.
- Wash wells thoroughly with wash buffer.
- Tap out water on paper towel.
- Transfer 100 µL of substrate from a reagent boat to the wells using 12-channel pipettor. Mix. Incubate for 10 minutes.
- Transfer 100 µL of stopping solution from a reagent boat to the wells.
- Read results using a microwell reader with a 450 nm filter.
See package insert for complete instructions
Lower limit of detection: 0.02 ng/mL or 10 ppt
Range of quantitation: 10–1000 ppt
Controls provided: 0.0, 0.02, 0.05, 0.1, 0.5, 2.0 ng/mL
Testing time: 30 minutes
Tests per kit: Up to 90
Materials Recommended But Not Provided
Available from Neogen*
- Adjustable pipettor
- Multichannel pipettor
- Tips for adjustable and multichannel pipettors
- Reagent boats for use with multichannel pipettor
- Clean test tubes used to dilute conjugate
- Graduated cylinder to dilute and mix wash buffer
- Wash bottle
- Microplate reader with 450 nm filter
Not Available from Neogen
- Ethyl acetate (100%)
- Centrifuge capable of ~ 2000 x g with appropriate tubes
- Heat block
- Compressed nitrogen or air, and necessary tubing
- Blender or food processor
Prod.# Product description
9551 Veratox for Chloramphenicol